Below are the short descriptions of the services provided by Bernard Serota at Serota Massage Therapy. Areas of my training that are available described below include:
- Listed Services that can be selected on the service menu: Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish Massage, Cupping Therapy, Table Stretching, CranioSacral Therapy, Lymph Drainage Therapy, Foot Reflexology, Facial Rejuvenation,
- Services not listed on the service menu (You can indicate that you are interested in these services on the note section when requesting an appointment): Prenatal Massage, Visceral Manipulation Therapy, and Reiki.
MASSAGE THERAPY OPTIONS:
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE: Deep Tissue Massage is the "FIX ME" massage. It addresses muscular problems/pain/range of motion and connective tissue problems. It can greatly improve posture, assist in muscle recovery and growth, and detoxify large muscle groups. Serota Deep tissue may incorporate cupping massage movements for strong myofascial release, visceral manipulation when recommended, and cupping assisted stretching for thorough deep fascial releases of larger muscle groups.
- SWEDISH MASSAGE: Swedish massage is soothing and sedating with very light pressure. It is therapeutic for blood/lymph circulation and skin tone, but does not address muscular pain. Serota Swedish massage incorporates elements of craniosacral therapy, foot/hand/facial acupressure therapy, and light cupping therapy movements for lymph drainage.
- PRENATAL MASSAGE: Though I am trained and have performed prenatal massage, Brooke Ballard, LMT, is certified in prenatal work and can be reached at 205.862.8928.
- Massage Sessions are offered as
- 30 MINUTE SESSIONS for $40.00
- 60 MINUTE SESSIONS for $70.00
- 90 MINUTE SESSIONS for $105.00
- 120 MINUTE SESSIONS for $140.00
- Massage Sessions are offered as
- MASSAGE COMBINATIONS WITH OTHER THERAPIES: Massage has been paired with Table Stretching and Cupping Therapy in various lengths under their service menus for those interested in receiving longer sessions with multiple therapy applications. Prices vary with assorted lengths and are visible on the dropdown menus on the web scheduler.
- Cupping Blankets provide profound relief for sciatica, back pain, plantar fasciitis, and rotator cuff issues. Cupping Blankets are where cups are strategically placed over a muscle group, activated, and left for a duration of 15-30 minutes with the strength increase over that duration to the tolerance of the client. Many people experience profound relaxation after a the first few minutes of application. This therapy results in a deep connective tissue release and a powerful detoxification of the local area, sometimes bringing toxins and cellular debris to the surface in a very visual way. Potential Blanket target zones are the back, shoulders, abdomen, pelvis, quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, feet, hands, and chest.
- Cupping sessions are available in
- 30 MINUTE SESSION addressing 1 target area for $50.00
- 60 MINUTE SESSION addressing 2 target areas for $100.00
- 90 MINUTE SESSION addressing 3 to 5 target areas for $150.00
- Sessions above are also offered with massage therapy in service combinations under the cupping dropdown menu.
- Table stretching is service where the client wears flexible clothing, relaxes on the table, and is passively stretched by Bernard, who takes muscles through their full or restricted range of motion until a beneficial stretch is achieved. Table stretching is offered alone and in combination with massage therapy. Benefits of Table stretching include an increased or improved in range of motion and often results in relaxation.
- 60 MINUTE TABLE STRETCHING SESSION for $75.00
- TABLE STRETCHING AND MASSAGE COMBINATIONS: various session links are available under the dropdown menu and the associated price will be to the right of the service.
TMJ Relief Massage
- The TMJ Protocol is an all encompassing approach to relieving tension created by the soft tissue involved, around, and connected to the TMJ joint itself, as well as the seemingly unrelated structures and soft tissues that TMJ discomfort will commonly refer pain.
- This protocol includes intraoral work in which I will be wearing sterilized gloves and access eight points within the mouth (muscles within the month that exert tension). This has been brought incredible relief to those who experience their primary tension from within the mouth.
- Frontal migranes and sinus headaches can be relieved from TMJ relief. TMJ strain commonly refers to areas above and behind the eyes as well ass around the nose and can pull on the sinuses.
- TMJ massage is treated the same as a 30 minute Deep Tissue massage ($40), but you can schedule a longer deep tissue massage and notate that you want TMJ treatment in the comment section. While it's possible to do more than 30 minutes of TMJ work, it's not recommended. Just like any form of bodywork, TMJ work can leave you a little sore during recovery.
- CranioSacral therapy assesses the health and movement of the cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) throughout the brain and spinal cord, as well as the connective tissue health surrounding the brain and interweaving the cranium. The adult cranial bones fuse together, but the material of the cranial sutures do allow for a small amount of expansion with the production and elimination of CSF. Calcium deposits building in the sutures, compression, injuries, and posture can affect the cranium's ability to expand and the CSF to flow throughout. Furthermore, the brain and spinal cord are covered by several layers of connective tissue that, like all other areas of your body, can become tight or adhered, creating migraines, tension headaches, sinus restrictions or headaches, and issues ALL THROUGHOUT the body if cranial nerves are compressed or restricted.
- This is a very light touch modality that can gently address a wide variety of issues originated from nerve or brain compressions/restrictions. This modality is not a massage and is done while the client is wearing comfortable but thin clothing (no denim). CranioSacral Therapy is profoundly relaxing and gentle. The movements are subtle and noninvasive, but opening up the nerve pathways may lead to a "healing crisis" like other forms of bodywork. CranioSacral work aims to assist the body in fixing itself and leads to a reorganization of the tissue (happens naturally, unlike direct application such as deep tissue) and this reorganization may result in heavy detoxing or be uncomfortable before it's much better, while others may experience immediate relief. Don't be discouraged, because wellness is worth it.
- Craniosacral therapy is listed under "Specialty Therapies" and is $80.00 per session.
lymph drainage therapy
- Llymph drainage therapyDT1 is a very light touch therapy that aims to gently stimulate superficial lymph capillary action. But it is extremely soothing and strongly detoxifying. The original training does not include massage, but for best results, I incorporate Swedish techniques and cupping massage movements, and cupping approaches to reducing cellulite and for detoxing the abdomen. This is a light pressure massage that primarily targets the body's superficial water layer, so it will not leave you with the feeling of being worked out as a deep tissue session would, but it's very soothing. Benefits of Lymph Drainage therapy are reduced swelling/bloating, significant reduction in cellulite, detoxification of the skin, increased circulation, increased lymph capillary activity, and higher metabolism with a body less taxed by a toxic load. There can also be an improvement in digestion with abdominal work. Clients who receive this work should also intake significant amounts of water following the session. If there is a high toxic load, there's potential of getting dehydrated and ill as the body eliminates it, so drinking water is essential.
- Not listed on the service menu, but best when paired with a longer Swedish massage. So you would select Swedish and ask for emphasis on Lymph Drainage.
visceral manipulation therapy
- Your organs have a range of motion (they flow up and down with expanding of your lungs while breathing) and anchoring structures (membranes and ligaments) that connect them to other organs, bones, and the outer abdominal wall. These connective tissues are not very different from those of your skin and muscles, and can be under considerable tension which will create referral pain or interfere with organ function.
- The stomach can actually create neck pain (think of how it can pull on the esophagus, which runs down your throat and anchored throughout your neck).
- The small intestine is anchored to your lower back in the lumbar region by the mesentery, which can pull on your low back from the inside, creating LOW BACK PAIN.
- The large intestine can create side pain at the base of the ribs and referral pains throughout the pelvis and to the interior of the knees.
- The liver can restrict diaphragm range of motion. One of the liver's surrounding membranes actually penetrates every aspect of the liver and when stretched, it can restore/improve liver function.
- Visceral Manipulation Therapy is a gentle, but direct manipulation of the internal organs of the abdomen to bring relief and restore better function and range of motion to the visceral. It's extremely common for surgery or injury to create additional adhesions that this modality would work towards correcting.
- NO SESSIONS AVAILABLE by the service itself, but aspects of Visceral manipulation can be incorporated into deep tissue or table stretching if needed or by request.
- Foot reflexology is an acupressure treatment where pressure points/zones located on the feet associated with areas and organs throughout the body are accessed. This service is very relaxing and relieving to the feet.
- NO SESSIONS AVAILABLE by the service itself, but you can select a Swedish Massage and indicate in the note section of the request that you want Foot Reflexology included for a large part of the service.
- Reiki is primarily energy work, a form of spiritual healing in which energy passes through the hands as the hands are placed upon the client's body. It's described as "not religious, yet profoundly spiritual" in nature. This service is done while the client is fully dressed. Often, energy work creates reorganization within the tissue, sometimes creating therapeutic pulses, and clients sometimes experience emotional and mental relief as physical patterns associated with certain stresses are unraveled.
- Reiki can be done while fully clothed or built into any service. Just include your interest in Reiki in the note section of your request.
- Facial Rejuvenation is a facial cupping technique that detoxifies the face, restores blood and lymph circulation, relieves the connective tissues beneath the skin, reduces bloating, reduces deep-set wrinkles, and temporarily eliminates fine lines. This process does stimulate collagen production, and long term results can be seen with repeated weekly sessions. This picture was the result of only one session.
- WARNING: Facial rejuvenation is a detoxifying treatment and will not harm you, but it will stimulate elimination of Botox or fillers injected into areas that are treated. If you have invested in those services and still want to try Facial Rejuvenation, book towards the end of the treatment's active life.
- Facial Rejuvenation is not listed in the service menu but can be included with any cupping session and takes approximately 20-45 minutes depending on the treatment goals. You can include a note requesting Facial Rejuvenation or discuss it with me when you show up for your cupping session.